Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Celebrate Something New this Holiday Season

Report: month 22

 “Where is my Mind? Way out, in the water. See it swimmin’…”
-The Pixies

I came to a shocking realization the other night, quite out of the blue. What do the state of North Carolina and the Honduran department of Santa Barbara have in common? Well, there are at least two things that I can think of. They are both places that:
  1. I, Alex Osteen, have lived in for longer than 1.583 years.
  2. Celebrate the human foot in strange, mutated-morphological ways. North Carolina proudly displays the sole of its troublingly blue foot, stained with a viscous black substance and Santa Barbara’s famous symbol is a foot with a rainbow feather growing out of it. Weird, right?














Does this mean that there’s something horribly messed up with my sub-conscience, that I have somehow ended up living a vast portion of my life in Bizarre Foot World?! I don’t think I’ve done it intentionally, but that would just prove it’s my sub-conscience at work. Indeed, this is precisely the kind of thing that I ponder at nights here in the GRAND OLE United States Peace Corps.


I hope everyone has a happy holiday season 2011 and remember, celebrate your feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment